The Musselroe Wind Farm is located at Cape Portland Bay, 30km north east of Gladstone, Tasmania. Musselroe wind farm was a particularly challenging project due to the cultural heritage and environmental significance of the area.
We were appointed as the Electrical Balance of Plant contractor for this project.
The Musselroe Wind Farm construction involved:
- The design, supply and construct the 110/33kV Musselroe substation and 33kV reticulation for 56 Vestas V90 wind turbines
- Procurement and construction of 46kms of 110kV transmission line from Derby to the Musselroe Wind Farm which included 158 poles
- Access tracks and hardstands for the 110kV overhead line works and foundations
- Turbine earthing and MV circuit cabling installation and terminations
- The procurement and installation of:
- Two 110/33kV 90MVA power transformers
- Two 33kV 14MVAr synchronous condenser units with two 33/13.8kV transformers
- Four 4MVAr D-Var Statcoms with 33kV/480v Transformers
- Four 33kV 10MVAr Filter Bank systems
- All 110kV & 33kV equipment including the WTG 33kV ring main units
- 55kms of MV cable from the substation to the 56 WTG’s