Deer Park Terminal Station is located in Ravenhall VIC which is approximately 30km west of Melbourne CBD.
CPP was appointed by TransGrid to construct the challenging 220kV/66kV Deer Park Terminal Station. The substation consisted of 2 off 220kV incomers, 2 off 275MVA Transformer, 6 off 66kV feeder bays, 2 off Capacitor Bank Bays and 1 Brick Auxiliary Services Building.
The work involved:
- Supply delivery and construction of earthworks, Drainage, Access Roads, Minor and Major foundations including spill oil tank and transformer bunds.
- Installation of all primary, Secondary and communication systems including earthing, structures, equipment, cabling and Cable terminations.
- Design, Procure and construct Secondary system building.
- Secondary System factory acceptance testing.
- Secondary System site acceptance testing
- Primary and Secondary Testing and Commissioning including assisting the client during energization
- Supply and construct foundations for lattice gantries.
- Supply and erect steel for lattice gantries.
- Liaison on the secondary and communication systems between TransGrid (Operation and Maintenance), AusNet (220kV Asset Manager) and Powercor (66kV Asset Manager)